Thin Crust Pizza
Delicious thin crust.
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500°F.
- Warm water for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Pour yeast over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Add extra flour if needed.
- Let dough rise for 30 – 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead for about 2 minutes.
- Dust more flour on surface if needed .
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12″ circle of even thickness (1/4″ or less) flipping over to roll each side. (flour if need)
- Carefully place dough on hot pizza stone.
- Bake at 500°F for around 4 minutes or until the crust just starts turning golden brown in some spots.
- Pop bubbles with a fork if they’re not your thing.
- Top the crust with your fix’ns and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes or until your cheese is just how you like it.
- Remove and enjoy!