Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened for dough once rolled out
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Brown sugar cinnamon
Cream cheese frosting
- In a large sauce pan (or in a bowl in the microwave at 30 sec increments), heat the milk and 1/3 cup butter until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F (43 C), or the temperature of bath water. It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes, then add 1/2 cup sugar the 2 eggs, salt and stir.
- Next add in flour 1/2 cup (68 g) at a time, mixing as you go. The dough will be sticky. Once it forms a ball remove and knead into a ball to rise. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar, packed 2 1/2 Tbs ground cinnamon and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle around 16X21. Brush with about 1/3 cup butter just to cover thinly and top with brown sugar cinnamon mix.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or a string of floss, cut the dough into 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8×8-inch square or comparable sized round pan (you should have about 12 rolls). Brush with remaining 2 Tbsp butter (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together for cream cheese frosting until light and somewhat fluffy.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.